Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Tokki Eats: One Plus Piece Cafe, Balwyn

This is my first time reviewing a restaurant so bear with me and ignore how much of an idiot I sound.  I'm going to start a new section called "Tokki Eats" where I, well... eat things lmao. I don't possess Erina's god tongue so most foods will be delicious to me and I won't have much to critique on but I'll try my best~ 

As some of you may know, One Piece has become one of my favourite anime these past few years and it would be silly of me not to go visit a One Piece themed cafe! 

The One Plus Piece cafe is located at 266 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn. Victoria.

It was quite the distance from where I live (Melbourne CBD) and it was probably because me and my boyfriend just took a tram all the way there. It roughly took us 50mins which is just too long for my lazy ass but I'm doing it for One Piece!! 

Once we eventually found the cafe, we were basically in heaven lol it was so beautiful inside that I seriously didn't even care if the food was bad, the decor was just on point. But as the most introverted person on the planet, I wasn't able to walk around to take photos, I just took photos from where I was seated. 







I ordered the "1+ Beef with Cheese" burger that consists of angus beef, beetroot relish, tomato, lettuce, bacon, mustard and aioli.
The beef patty was cooked perfectly and was super juicy. I'm not a fan of beetroot but it really enhanced the flavour of the burger giving it a sweet aftertaste. Not only that but the burger looked so aesthetically pleasing.  Also the burgers came with a Whitebeard flag skewer!

1+ Beef with cheese combo with fries



My boyfriend ordered the "One Piece" burger which had double chilli beef patties, double bacon, double cheese, caramelised onion, mushroom lettuce and "1 piece" sauce.
I'm only basing this off the one bite I had of his burger, but as a person who has tried a few so-called spicy burgers which turned out to be not at all spicy, this burger actually had a pretty good kick to it!
Here's my boyfriends review of his burger: I can't remember the taste (we went here in early June) but it was yummy, the patty was especially good! I want to go there again.


One Piece combo with wedges


Overall it was a good experience, the staff were nice and polite and there was actually a lot of elderly people who came and enjoyed themselves here. But that could be a Balwyn thing idk lol maybe the coffee is really good here idk? I would like to try more items on the menu but I don't know when I'll have the chance to go there again but they have well and truly impressed me. But I'm probably being biased because ONE PIECE jsncijsqdbwijqndkqlamkldmejwbuvhgfejkd

 /5 




1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know such a place existed, looks amazing! Haven't watched one piece in so long :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete